Powered by Blogger.

do more in 2016 - Avery Huia

Sunday 3 January 2016

helloooo!!

merry christmas and a happy new year everyone! thank you all for such a great year in 2015, and let's bring on this year! today I thought that I would share with you five things that I am going to try and do more of in 2016. these things are mostly off electronics, as I find that i seen lots of time on them when I could be doing these next things!

I hope this gives you some inspiration for the new year, and if you are ever bored or can't decide what to do, here are a few ideas!


+ do more colouring in.
I have two colouring in books, and the one I am currently working on is Sami Sparrow's Emporium of Colour and Delight. I love this one because its designs and patterns are in the middle of the page and there is white space around the image, and I like this better than full page ones. This one also has quotes in a few of the drawings, and you can also tear out pages that you want to give to someone, or frame.

I find colouring in really relaxing and something fun to do in my spare time. I am going to try doing one page a week, and I am quite a busy person, so I am going to try and do the same drawing, but by bit multiple times throughout the week!

+ be creative
I am not very good at art, at all, and this year I was to try and practice my skills, especially with watercolours and typography. I have recently got some equipment that I hope will really help my blog, and come out with beautiful quotes, printables and pictures for you, so get excited for that!

I love being creative, and I find so many inspiring pictures, especially on pinterest, and I want to start making more DIY posts, and doing more designing projects! I am aiming to do at least two creative things a week, like a watercolour painting, or some hand lettering. The images in this post are done by me! I am new to this technique but I hope you like it, you will be seeing a lot more in the near future!

+ save money
this is something I really need to work on. I am doing quite a bit of travelling this year, and I need to save up for some serious shopping! I usually waste my money when I am shopping to buy something that I already want, and some sneaky items that I don't plan end up in my shopping bag!

I am also trying to save money on the little things, and save up for some bigger things on my wishlist, (which is endlessly growing). I am doing this by simply resisting impulse buys, and putting my money away, and thinking about what I am saving for!



+ read more
I absolutely love reading, but I find it hard to make time for it, and to come across books that I find interesting. I am trying to read more physical books, rather than on the internet too; I get more satisfaction from it.

I am also trying to read more blogs, so if you have one, please comment the address down below!

+ don't be afraid/don't think 'what if'
I am not very good at this and it always takes me a long time to do something that I am scared of like jumping of a wharf or adventurous things like that, and this year I am going to try and do things that I am afraid of doing and going out of my comfort zone!

I did trampolining lessons this year, and I was afraid of learning new tricks incase I got hurt or didn't do it properly, and after talking myself into it, I learnt so many things that I never thought I could do!

I hope this gave you some ideas for resolutions, or things that you can change/do this year! I am going to try really hard to make all of these things work out, and I hope you do too! I hope you al have a great year!



love from avery huia x

email - averyhuiasblog@gmail.com
instagram - @averyhuiasblog

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AVERY HUIA© Theme by Blog Milk