Powered by Blogger.

14th birthday party - avery huia

Tuesday 18 August 2015

helloo!

recently I turned 14, and for my party, we decided to have a high tea, as well as making things (diy). we potato stamped pillowcases (see how here), painted flowerpots, and made flower crowns. we then had afternoon tea using china teacups and saucers from my grandmother's collection. it was such an amazing birthday, and we all had so much fun.




the left is the table, and the right is the amazing cake that my mum made, in the shape of a flower pot! we ate things like cupcakes, brownies, club sandwiches, meringues, sausage rolls etc. 



over the week before, we did things like dye paper doilies like the ones below
to put on the table, hang up paper flowers, and decorate the table! above is a picture of a practice crown we made, and we made it with florist's wire and artificial flowers.


















we iced donuts, and used leftovers from the paper flowers as table scatters. we put candles up around the table and had a mini drinks bar on a side table. I had a really good time at the party, and I am so happy with how everything turned out.

hope you enjoyed, love from avery huia x

p.s: thank you SO much for over 5000 views! even if you have only read my blog once, or if you are a frequent reader, it means so so so much to me! 

email: averyhuiasblog@gmail.com

instagram: @averyhuiasblog


Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

1 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Turning 14 like this would have been great. It is beautiful! My birthday is being celebrated at a convention center this year because my house is under renovation but I do think that an arrangement like this is going to make the center even more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

 

AVERY HUIA© Theme by Blog Milk